Dr. Neeta Singh
Mr. Vipin Sharma
Ms. Revathy KT
Mr. Deepak Kumar
Mr. Abhishek Shukla
Ms. Sugatha Chaturvedi
Mr. Aditya Vadlamani
Ms. Aparna Gaikwad
Mr. Avinash Karnick
This course is in Hindi
BSc is an important stage for Science education and research in India. Students studying in BSc now will provide the workforce of teachers at all levels, schools, colleges and universities and also drive the research in science. There are tens of thousands of colleges offering BSc programs is remote rural areas and hundreds of thousands of students enrolled in these. A large number of such students are not very well versed in English and are much more comfortable in their vernacular language. Unfortunately, there is a big crisis of committed and competent teachers in colleges in rural areas and on top of it, there is not much print material in vernacular Science education at BSc level. This portal is designed to assist students in Hindi belt struggling with the situation.
Starting Date: 14-08-2019
- Phenomena leading to the development of Quantum Mechanics, Photoelectric Effect, Compton effect, Wave-particle duality, de- Broglie matter waves, Heisenberg’s Uncertainty principle
- The principle of superposition of waves, Phase and Group Velocity.
- Wave function as a complete description of the state, Relation to measurable quantities, Probabilistic nature of the world.
- Operators corresponding to measurable quantities, Expectation values
- of dynamical variables, Eigen functions and eigen values of operators.
- Time-independent Schrodinger Equation to get energy eigen values and eigen functions, Ehrenfest theorem, Orthonormal properties of eigen functions.
- One dimensional motion. Particle in a box, Step potential, Square well potential Rectangular barrier.
- Qualitative discussion of Simple Harmonic Oscillator and hydrogen atom.
Quizzes will be held during the course.
B.Sc., and M.Sc., students, Physics Teachers teaching at UG, PG level, People interested in Quantum Mechanics having Physics/Math's background.
Participants will be given certificates from the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), IIT Kanpur, depending on the performance.