Powered by Drupal
Dr. Neeta Singh
Mr. Vipin Sharma
Ms. Revathy KT
Mr. Deepak Kumar
Mr. Sandeep Kumar
Ms. Kanta Bubna
Mr. Abhishek Shukla
Ms. Sugatha Chaturvedi
Mr. Aditya Vadlamani
Ms. Aparna Gaikwad
Mr. Avinash Karnick
This course will be offered in English and will be free of cost.
Three lectures will be released every week, generally one on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The lectures can be viewed at any time during the course duration. Three to Four multiple-choice quizzes will be held for evaluation.
Classical Mechanics - 1
Starting Date: 25-01-2021
- Newton’s formulation of Classical Mechanics, Other formulations
- Inertial and Non inertial frames
- Dynamics of a single particle, Linear momentum, Angular momentum, Torque, Work and energy.
- Introduction to motion of a particle under central forces.
- Dynamics of system of particles, two particle collision in one and two dimensions, Description in Center of Mass frame.
- Degree of freedom for a rigid body, General motion as translation of a point and rotation about that point. Angular velocity of the body.
- Rotation with a fixed axis, Components of torque and angular momentum
- Rotation with one point fixed.
- Moment of Inertia Tensor, Principal Axes, Euler Equations.
- Body fixed, Space fixed and mixed frames.
B.Sc., and M.Sc., students, Physics Teachers teaching at UG, PG level, People interested in Physics/Math's background.
Participants will be given certificates from the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), IIT Kanpur, depending on the performance.