Dr. Sameer Khandekar
Dr. Malay K. Das
Dr. Neeta Singh
Ms. Revathy K T
Mr. Deepak Kumar
This short term course is designed for master trainers who will eventually train technicians working on the PSA Oxygen Generating Plants, which are being installed throughout the country. The course outlines the fundamentals behind the plant operation, generic layout of such plants, maintenance issues and troubleshooting aspects.
Potential trainers should have basic engineering background, with training in any of the following disciplines, viz., mechanical engineering, chemical process engineering, automobile engineering, instrumentation engineering etc.
Short Term Training Program: PSA Oxygen Generation Plant - 2nd Offering
Starting Date: 01-02-2022
Detailed course plan : (Module wise / Lecture wise)
- Introduction to the course: Outline, Structure, Learning objectives and outcomes.
- Basic Thermodynamics: Units and dimensions, Phases, Properties of solid, liquid and gases, Pressure, Temperature, Volume, Density, Definitions and measurement, Instrumentation
- Properties of Air, basics of psychrometry, DBT, WBT
- Properties of Oxygen, Different methods of oxygen production, cryogenic distillation process, membrane separation, a pressure swing adsorption process (with details of molecular sieve), Oxygen storage and Transport methods.
- Medical grade oxygen, requirements, common impurities
- Process involved in gas production/storage/transportation/usage.
- Compression, Expansion, Throttling, Drying/ Dehumidifying, Humidifying, Filtration, Absorption vs Absorption, Mixing, Cooling, Heating
- Fundamentals of air compressors, types, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting
- Fundamentals of compressed air dryer, types, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting
- AirSep PSA Oxygen plant, principle, layout design Operation and Maintenance, Troubleshooting
- ELGI Compressor, principle, layout design Operation and Maintenance, Troubleshooting
- ELGI Dryer, principle, layout design Operation and Maintenance, Troubleshooting
Master trainers identified by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Qualifying students will be given a certificate based on their involvement and performance in the course. The certificate will be issued by the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), IIT Kanpur, India